Skip to main content

Hello

After using the shapes I would normally hide the sidebar by clicking the 'Shapes' icon and get on with my work. When I click on the icon again to grab a shape it is completely blank. The only workaround has been to close and reopen the document. Its super frustrating especially with the size of project I have so it takes time to open every time.

Feels like a bug - help!

Kevin

Hi Kevin 

Thanks for posting in the community. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with shapes. I submitted a ticket to our support team from your post so we can take a closer look at what may be going on. Please keep an eye out for a response.

For others reading this post: if we identify a bug I will follow up in this thread with next steps.

Has a fix been identified for this issue? I just search Google to figure out what is going on and found this post. The only problem with my issue is that I have completely restarted my computer to fix this and everything opened up with the same issue (swimlanes w/ colors gone and the shapes I selected during a meeting and made edits are also still gone. Luckily the text is still there).

Hi Lindsay thanks for continuing this thread. I believe Kevin's original post was referring to an issue with shapes displaying properly in the Shapes panel on the left side of the editor but it sounds like what you're describing involves elements of your document not loading properly or not being saved - is that correct? 

If so can you try opening the document in a Chrome Incognito browsing session? This often improves performance by starting a fresh cookie session and disabling your extensions. If you can see your work from the docs list but it’s gone once you open your document then check out this Community post! If you have access to the feature you can also check the revision history to see if the changes are there. Please see this article for information on how to restore from a previous version.

It is also worth noting that saving issues are often related to an unstable internet connection. You may want to look at your internet connection to confirm that this is not a factor. 

If the issue persists please let us know by following up in this thread. Thank you!