Skip to main content
Solved

Shapes in Lucidchart document shift when loading the document

• 27 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Have developed a three column swimlane. Downloads OK to jpg,Ok,  Gets scrambled when I save to Documents and fire it up again.  Columns move up half a page but the shapes don't. When I try to reposition the columns they  grab the shapes and pile them up so they have to be repositioned the hard way. Total p in the a. 

A4 landscape, vertical lanes . 

New problem started today, I do heaps of swimlanes not had this issue before.

Any ideas, thanks

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ian.hendra, thanks for posting and apologies for the trouble! To clarify, are you encountering this issue in all documents or just one? Additionally, do you see this same issue occur when you open the document in a Chrome Incognito browser? 

Thanks for your help and patience! In your reply, can you share a screenshot of what it looks like normally, and then what happens when you encounter the issue? 

Badge +1

Thanks Addie,

I don't know what a Chrome Incognito browser is beyond the incognito window option, which I wasn't using.  I got fed up in the end and replaced the 3 column shape with three process shapes sent to the back, with text position at top-centre.  The advantage of that was I was able to fill each "column” with different shades, and losing the title box actually looked better. 

Sorry, but having come up with a good workaround I probably won't bother with the swim lane shape...even though I've used it extensively, coz I'm a swim lane fan.

Looks like a background upgrade error to me, sorry….when did you issue the last one...or have you been Microsofted?

Cheers?

Ian

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ian.hendra, thanks for the response and apologies for the trouble!

By Chrome Incognito browser, I’m referring to Google Chrome’s web browser. Lucid products are optimized for Google Chrome, so sometimes we see that odd issues are eliminated by using Google Chrome browser.

I’m happy to hear you found a workaround - please let us know if you’d like any more support figuring out the problem with swim lanes. If you’d like us to take a closer look, if you don’t mind attaching a screenshot of the issue you’re experiencing, that can help us get a better idea of what might be going on. 

Thanks for your help and patience! 

Badge

Hi Addie

I’ve been experiencing this issue for about 3 months on multiple documents and it has gotten so frustrating I’ve made an community account to try and get it resolved. After testing a few times it does seem like opening the project in incognito does not cause all the items to shift. Does this lead to a solution or should I just be using incognito going forward?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@murray lexand if an incognito window fixed the issue, it is likely cookies that are interfering with Lucid. Could you try clearing your cache and cookies to see if this fixes the issue?

To do this in Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More. Delete browsing data.
  3. Choose a time range (all time).
  4. Select the types of information you want to remove (just cache and cookies, you probably don't want to delete your browsing data).
  5. Click Delete data.

Please let me know if this doesn't work or if you have any further questions!

Badge

Thanks for the reply @gwingate. I was mistaken incognito has not resolved the issue but I was able to more accurately narrow down how it is behaving and can reproduce it everytime. Here are some pictures illustrating it. I have a file with a blue print image filling the workspace and locked, I then put objects overtop on different layers, page 1 is main floor, page 2 is basement. The images below go in this order:

1) Just opened document and it starts on page 1 (main floor). The dark gray vertical line on the right third of the screen is a wall on the blue print and the blue lines and objects should be located based on this but everything is shifted to the right.
2) I switch to page 2 (basement) and again the dark gray lines of the blue print image behind everything represent walls. You can see in this image all the blue objects etc. align with the wall position.
3) I switch back to page 1 (Main Floor) and now all the blue objects are aligned as they should be with the underlying walls of the blueprint image.
4) Switching back to page 2 (Basement) now everything is shifted to the left.

The workbook seems to stablize at this state now regardless of changing pages but. I have not done anything other than open the project and change pages through these images. I feel like before I realized this repeatable behaviour it seemed random and sometimes there were issues with the main floor but that would have been with out switching pages most likely.

All of these images are in an incognito window and are just a small section of a much larger print for each floor with hundreds of objects on it that shift, obviously having to rearrange all this is time consuming and frustrating.

The oddest part about this is the shift is not consistent across the entire page so I can’t just shift an entire layer of objects to realign with the underlaying blueprint image. the shift is only on the outer edges of the document and items in the center of the document seem to remain aligned.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@murray lexand thanks for such a detailed follow up! Could you try toggling off WebGL (View>Rendering>Use WebGL) to see if that solves the issue?

To clarify, after switching back-and-forth from the tabs a couple of times, does the chart stabilize into its correct state or does this cycle repeat? Additionally, this happens every time you close the chart and reopen it, correct? Does it also happen when you reload the webpage?

If none of these steps solve your issue, could you please generate and send a temporary Support Pin so I can take a closer look? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. Thanks for your help and patience!

Badge

@gwingate after switching a few times it does stabilize but not in the correct state, the main floor is aligned and the basement is off. 

Turning off the WebGL seems to make it shift immediately as opposed to when I change tabs and change back. The basement was still misaligned after doing this but I went through and manually moved everything again. When reloading the project and turning of the WebGL it does seem like things are now aligned correctly.

Is there a way to have this setting off by default?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@murray lexand Unfortunately, there is not a way to toggle off WebGL at the account or document level, it must be toggled off every time the document is opened or reloaded. 

We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you would like to see a WebGL switch in our product, please post the idea in the Product Feedback section of the Community. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: