Skip to main content

Hi 

The advanced shape and table bar are not appearing when I click on the object. It only appears in the right hand side contextual side panel. Any ideas please as it is so inefficient and driving me loopy? 

Thanks

Hi Kate thanks for posting in the Lucid community! Can you please clarify what type of shape you're working with as well as a screenshot of your canvas + surrounding toolbars and panels so I can take a closer look? Thanks for your help!

Here you go. I was using this template and a couple of weeks ago when I clicked on either the table or shape the advanced toolbar would appear. Now it only shows on the right.Thanks for helping!

Hi Kate thanks for getting back to me with that screenshot. Lucidchart has very recently undergone user interface updates that have relocated the advanced toolbar options for dynamic shapes ERDs tables and other advanced shapes to the right-hand panel as shown in your screenshot. This change was intentional for ease of use and clarity but I understand how it might not be ideal for every workflow. If you prefer the previous experience would you be willing to share your feedback using this form? Our development team is constantly looking for ways to make our products more effective and useful for our users and your experiences are so valuable! Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you!

Hi I will for sure give feedback as I use a very large screen and would like the ability to customise where the menus go. Also having drop downs above each other isn't very good UX IMO as now need to read horizontally and vertically whereas previously they were vertical line of sight only if that makes sense.  This new way hurts my head and isn't intuitive. But I will share that feedback too. But thanks for stopping my frustration of looking for something that isn't there! 

Kate

Kate thanks for sharing additional detail about the way you work - customizing menu location could be a great option! Thanks for passing that and the dropdown feedback along to our development team. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to support you!