Skip to main content

I deleted a box on the flowchart by mistake.  I was able to recover it but lost the comments. Can I get thos back?

Hey Dan- Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately it is not possible to recover deleted commends. We apologize for the inconvenience! 

Has this gap been reviewed recently? I recently deleted a comment from a box and it is apparently deleted for all versions of the chart?!!! 

Please let me know if there's a way to recover the comment as this seems to be a real limitation of this functionality.

Hi Leo

It has been implemented. When you delete an object that has a comment and restore it through your revision history panel it will re-open the comment.

For more information on comments see this article: Collaborate and Share

Ahhh thank you. Sadly I have a slightly different use case which appears to raise a different gap: I deleted a comment from an object. When I went to a prior version of the chart the comment was still deleted. There appears to be no way to recover that comment once it's deleted.

Assuming that's the case (and I can find no documentation on it either way) then I'm concerned about the finality of that deletion without warning. (I usually measure twice/cut once but in this instance figured I could always go back to the version I started with...)

Hi Leo

I see. You are right deleted comments are not restored. I would recommend in the future not deleted a comment but marking it as resolved. That will take it off the object in the editor but will leave it in the comments panel accessible by changing the view from Active to Resolved. There you can re-open comments. 

To address comment deletion and revision history could you submit a feature request using this form? Our development team uses submissions to help prioritize features and updates.

Thanks!

Thanks Ken. Submitted feature request.