Skip to main content

I imported an SVG file.  When trying to drag the image from the shapes library to the draft document, I received an error message that the page was unresponsive and the I had to shutdown the application.  Any advice on a fix for this?

Hi @rbresett

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Can you try the following steps to see if they resolve the issue? 

• Could you try opening your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause?
  • Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. For help with opening an incognito window, please see this community post (in English).

If those don’t resolve the problem, can you please send the following information so I can take a closer look?

• A screenshot/screen recording of the issue.
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).
  • The SVG shape file 

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

I was able to drag the SVG file in an incognito window.  However, I wasn’t able to edit the image.  How do I share the SVG file and screen capture?  

Hi @rbresett

Thank you for the reply! Would you mind also enabling 3rd party cookies and then trying again? Please take a look at this article for information on how to do this.

If your issue is no longer occurring with an incognito window, this means that it was likely caused by cookie or browser extension interference. Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies in a regular browsing session and try again? If the issue persists, I recommend disabling your extensions one by one until you determine which extension is causing the issue.

You can upload a screen recording or another file by clicking the attach button, highlighted below. 

In the reply box, I don’t have an attach button (see below).

Hi @rbresett

No worries! I just received the screen recording and SVG file you emailed to us. Thank you for sending that! 

It looks like you can’t edit the SVG File because the document imports as an image. What software is this diagram from? 

You can edit imported diagrams from Microsoft Visio, Gliffy, Draw.io, and OmniGraffle. To learn how to do this, please look over this Help Center article.