Skip to main content

We are currently having issues with our current org charts as we aren't able to customize quickly or print as we are needing. Some of our divisions have over 800 employees so we need to have an efficient way to easily print or minimize/maximize the employees in their reporting structures. Before we explore more  - is this a capability Lucid has currently?

Hi Shan

Thanks for posting in the Community! You can minimize and maximize your org chart according to the way you'd like to visualize it. You can then export your org chart in this format (collapsed or expanded).

Example of expanded org chart:

Example of collapsed org chart:

We recommend using the "Crop to content" feature that can efficiently capture your org chart.

I hope this helps! If not please let us know what additional questions you have.

Thank you!

Is there a way that the system automatically creates page breaks based on teams in this environment? For our purposes we have over 800+ employees in one of our divisions but to see the overall picture we are needing for it to have print capabilities that include pictures titles and location. 

I see the width of the expanded chart is about 16 tiles across - would this print into a legible PDF version? I'm trying to understand what the maximum amount of tiles would be able to fit on a page both horizontally and vertically and if the system is able to create natural page breaks.

Hi Shan

Thanks for the response! You can move your entire Org Chart guided by the view of the page breaks (the dotted lines on your document) and place it according to your preference:

As org charts are automatically generated there is no way to create page breaks based off of a specific team. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

The two things I'd recommend as a workaround are:

1. Collapsing and expanding your org chart to showcase a certain team for printing/visualization purposes. See the examples from my previous post above.

2. I also recommend looking at our Group View feature which can be helpful for team visualization! 

For more information I recommend checking out this Help Center article describing the main functionality and features of the org chart.

Thank you for your questions - please let us know if you have any additional questions or if there's anything else we can do to support your work!