Skip to main content

Dear community,

I have the problem that some images are missing when exporting my org chart from Lucidchart as png. I already that a similar topic was solved one month ago but my problem is a bit different, compare:

I currently use two image sources:

1. The link to the profile picture from LinkedIn (right-clicking the profile picture > copy image url)
  2. The profile picture from Slack downloaded and reuploaded to Imgur.

All links of both types work perfectly fine in the user interface of Lucid, but not all images are exported in the png (300 dpi) export. It even seemed that images for different employees are missing when I download the png over time.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @luciduser_1234 

Since your use case user specific

Kindly try the steps from the help links which are for Org char and  handling images:

https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/articles/18313461696788-Troubleshooting-Images

https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/articles/20704623835284-Troubleshooting-Org-charts

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Thanks @Humas1985, I checked out the resources you shared, but I believe they do not help with the specific problem I am facing. While it would generally be possible to upload the photos directly to Lucid, it seems like they would not be automatically linked to the employee form, right? Is there any other way how I can change the upload method to try if that makes it more stable?

Many thanks for any further help!

Hi @luciduser_1234 

Thanks for the inputs, let me try to research on this a bit.

Hi @luciduser_1234 , thank you for posting in the community and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with photos in org charts.

If you haven’t already, can you please try exporting your org chart into a different file format such as PDF or JPEG and let me know if the issue persists? 

Thanks in advance for your help. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! 

Hi @Leianne C, I just downloaded the PDF and svg for the first time and they were fine but png & jpg were still both missing picutres.

Thank you for trying and confirming that @luciduser_1234! If possible, can you please share the temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing.

For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. This Support PIN doesn’t allow anyone but Lucid Support to take a look at your document, so you are safe to post it here.

Let me know if you have any questions, thank you!

Thanks @Leianne C, you can find the support PIN here: v1JTbAnuNl5L.

Looking forward to your help! 

Hi @luciduser_1234, thanks for sharing the Support PIN! I was able to reproduce the issue and taking a closer look I believe it is related to the photos from Imgur.

I have reported this to our development team for investigation and will update this thread with any new information about a fix. Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.

In the meantime, I can confirm that Google Drive links will display both in the editor and export file as expected. Please note that if you are using Google Drive links they must be public links.

Could you please give this a try and let me know if you see any improvements? 

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Hi @Leianne C, thanks for checking it. 

Yes, I am using public links - (1) from LinkedIn profile picture links or (2) photos uploaded to imgur - so that should not be the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Many thanks 

Thank you for confirming that, @luciduser_1234! This has been reported as a bug and our development team will take a closer look at the issue.

As a workaround in the meantime, I would recommend trying images linked from your Google Drive or another public source. One way to test whether your URLs are public is to paste them into a private or incognito browsing window to see if you can view them.

We will update this thread as soon we have more information!