Skip to main content

Hello I have Supervisors who manage more than one department.  When I create an org chart by department the Supervisor only shows in one of their departments not in all their respective departments. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

Hi Brad 

Thanks for reaching out in the Lucidchart Community! Unfortunately it is currently not possible to have the same supervisor showing up in more than one department when creating separate Org Charts for each department. In order for you to have a complete Org Chart structure for each one of the departments managed by the same supervisor you will need to create a separate spreadsheet for each one of those departments. 

Alternatively if you would rather keep working with a single spreadsheet you can create duplicate versions of the supervisor for each one of the departments they manage. Please keep in mind that in order for this to work you cannot use employee names as the unique identifier. Additionally you will have to edit the spreadsheet accordingly so that the employees of each department report to the corresponding duplicate version of the supervisor.

Here is an example of how your spreadsheet should look like. Notice that there are three employees for Kevin with the same role but different departments and Employee ID numbers.

While what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart we are always looking for ways to improve our product and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.