Skip to main content

Hi everyone, 

So I know that we have a rack template.   Now the generic provided rack unit shapes with that template are sized to fit well, and allow for an easy ability to change the “number of U” for any of the shapes.  

I am trying to leverage the Visio shapes that are available for our various products but would like them to be sized for the correct scale to be exactly 1U - I am not sure how to make sure that happens.   So is there anyway to somehow make that happen so things scale correctly?  

Or is there a way to leverage the initial template shapes, clone them, replace the images with the ones from the Visio Shapes import.  

Thanks in advance! 

Hi @RTSD26_AllynJ 

Can you give a with the below steps to see you can effectively integrate your Visio shapes into your Lucidchart network diagram

• Import your Visio shapes containing the product representations into your Lucidchart document.
  • Use the grid system or ruler tool in Lucidchart to measure the height of a single rack unit (U) in the provided rack template.
  • Select each imported Visio shape representing a piece of equipment.
  • In the properties panel, locate the "Size" section. Here, you can adjust the height value to match the measured height of a single rack unit (U) from the template.
  • Try to adjust the width proportionally to maintain the aspect ratio of the original Visio shape

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Thanks for the suggestion, it didn’t work out the way I expected, but it did inspire me to wind up getting similar results.  

The Shapes I imported turned up as “Freehand Drawings” and didn’t have fixed shape sizes in the properties, just the ability to scale the image.   

So I instead leveraged layers.  

I filled the entire rack at the base layer with 1U Blank Spaces.  Now I had a sizing guide so that I could create a layer on top of the Visio shapes and I could resize accordingly.  

Not the most elegant thing in the world, but it got the job done.  :)