Skip to main content

Hi

I have 6 siblings in my mind map with "Parent A". I want to move 5 of these siblings to a different parent "Parent B". Any ideas on the fastest way to do this? 

Marc

Hey Marc 

There is unfortunately not a way to move child nodes to different parents. You will have to delete the connecting lines between them and add new ones. 

This is a great idea - could you please add it to our Product Feedback section

Thanks in advance!

I too need this and submitted a feature request.  

SimpleMind has this feature so I would like to use a similar approach in this cloud-based tool.  When brainstorming you realize better groupings are needed and need to stay in the flow to make that happen.

Note about reconnecting lines.  Be careful to reconnect from the parent to the child.  Otherwise you wind up with a bunch of root nodes in the map.

Was able to lasso delete several connectors.  Be great if I could drag the result over to a new parent but as I said if connecting from the child to parent with a line the child will be a new root node which you don't want.  You need to connect from parent to child in the present version.

Keith

Hello

5 years later no improvement? Makes it hard to justify payment for inflexible mind mapping. Rearranging the mind map only works manually arbitrary new roots created which not easily undone very bad.