Skip to main content

How do I move a single swim lane and have all the contents move with it? I'm starting with a Lucidchart swimlane template. The magnetize icon is activated.  I can't see the 4-prong arrow when I hover over the swim lane header or border. I can only move the entire pool and all the pool's contents. 

Hi JN thanks for posting! You may be using a template with multiple swim lanes already grouped together in a pool shape. If you wish to move one swim lane independently I would recommend using the single swim lane shape from the Containers shape library and moving the contents of the swim lane in the grouped shape into that. Hope this helps!     

thanks for description but I want to know that how I can move the Sigle lane in the pool?

Hi Soheli 

Thanks for following up on this thread! The swim lanes that make up a pool can only be moved along with the other swim lanes as a grouped shape. This means that it's not possible to move a single swim lane within a pool or into/outside the pool. 

The best way to modify a pool (to remove or add a swim lane) is by toggling the Lanes arrows in the advanced shape bar that will appear above your canvas upon selecting the pool. You can learn more about how to work with swim lanes in Lucidchart in our Diagram with Swim Lanes article.

I hope this helps! If the tips above don't address your issue please post below a screenshot of your issue and a detailed description of what you are trying to achieve so we can help you further! 

Hi just to follow on from this thread it is actually possible to re-order swim lanes including all contents which I think is the question being asked see the FAQ's on the Lucidchart help site:

Is it possible to re-order the swim lanes in my diagram?

Yes it is possible to reorder individual swim lanes! To do so right click on the header of the lane that you'd like to move then select Move Lane Up or Move Lane Down for horizontal swim lanes. For vertical swim lanes you can select Move Lane Left or Move Lane Right. 

https://lucidchart.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207299816-Diagram-with-Swim-Lanes#moving-resizing-lanes

@mark l103 I believe you're correct! Thank you for adding that solution to this thread - much appreciated!