Skip to main content

Is it possible to link e.g. a diagram to a second diagram and automatically change the second diagram while working on the first subdiagram? Basically like a mirror diagram!

Hi Max

Thanks for your question. I believe what you are describing is embedding a Lucidchart diagram into another one. This is unfortunately not possible. However you can link one diagram to another one using the link feature by following these instructions though this will link out to a separate page rather than being embedded.

1. Highlight the text or select the object you want to turn into a link.

2. Click on the link icon in the Options bar. 

3. A window will appear with the option to select a link action. Choose “Link to Page” “External Link” or “Link to Email.” Follow the prompt and add the URL or email address you want to link to.

4. Click “Done.”

You can find more details in our Create Multi-Layered Diagrams article. Hope this helps!

Hi I would love for Lucidchart to enable that feature.   The reason is that I want to combine 4 separate smart container diagrams into one view so that this view automatically updates when I change the status of a container element in one of my smart container diagrams. 

Hi @ron b102 thanks for continuing this thread and sharing your use-case!  We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. Thank you!