Skip to main content

Hi everyone! My name is Ashley and I manage the content you find in the Lucid Help Center. I’m excited to tell you about a cool new feature: mind maps in Lucidspark! 

Mind maps are a great way to intuitively structure and share your ideas (I’m a big fan). As soon as I learned the news I opened a Lucidspark board and started tinkering with the new tool. Here’s one example of how I’m using mind maps in Lucidspark to intuitively structure and efficiently communicate big ideas with my team.

01HER5RKEY84QK0ERWWYSK50HX.png

At first glance Design Thinking can appear like a big concept to understand. But by leveraging mind maps in Lucidspark I can more easily capture the heart of an idea, organize and structure each key part, and empower everyone on the team to find unique solutions to complex problems. 

If you think I’m too excited about this update don’t even get me started on the ability to use Collaborative AI in Lucidspark mind maps. 🤩

To get started, open a Lucidspark board and follow step-by-step instructions in our Create a mind map in Lucid article in the help center.

Now we’d love to hear from you! Post your questions share feedback and show us how you use mind maps in the thread below.

Mind maps have been great for working with my software teams and business stakeholders.  

Hi @Vince B, glad to hear that you’re enjoying the mind maps feature! Let us know if you have any questions about it :)  

It is tedious to have to change the font size of each node individually. It would be time saving if we could select a group of nodes and change their font size at the same time. This is for the iPad app. 

Hi @patrickpereira1988, thank you for commenting on this post! You should be able to draw a selection box over a group of nodes and adjust the font size of your selection.

Please note that this will not work if you have a branch in your selection, see the screenshot below for an example! 

To select multiple nodes on the canvas in the app, you can tap selection the Selection tool. In the menu that appears, tap multi the freehand multi-select tool and draw a lasso around the nodes you want to select. For more information about using Lucidspark in the iOS mobile app, I recommend checking out this Help Center article. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions :)

Thank you. It works perfectly. 
I was using the iPad app.I was using my index finger and dragging it over nodes and branches to make a selection. 
I have adjusted what I am doing and now drag my index finger through the center of a group of nodes to make a selection. This makes a difference. The option to adjust the font size along with other options now appears. 

Thanks for the update, @patrickpereira1988! So glad to hear that worked for you. Let us know if you have any questions or if there’s anything else we can do to help. Cheers! 🙌

Can I change the color of branches on the mind map to match my branding colors? 

Hi @lhyder, thanks for asking! This is not currently possible, but please feel free to post this idea in product feedback by selecting “Create a topic” and selecting “Idea.” We’d love to hear your feedback!