Skip to main content

As of September 30th, 2024, Lucid has released a new Lucid Cards for Azure DevOps integration. The new app supports additional functionality that wasn’t supported on the prior app, such as using cards in Timelines, story points appearing on the card face for user stories and bugs, and showing links between work items via dependency mapping.

If you have never used the Lucid Cards Azure DevOps Cloud app in Lucidspark before, you can head straight to our Integrate Lucid Cards with Azure DevOps Cloud article and follow the instructions to set up the new integration and have full access to all the available features. 

If you or someone at your company had previously been using the old app, the old app will continue to be available in Lucidspark until January 15, 2025 at the latest. It will be deprecated at that point, so ensure that you have migrated prior to that date.

You can migrate to the new app sooner for all Lucid users on your account to get access to the additional functionality. After the new app has been set up and used by a user on an account, the old app will be removed from all Lucid users on the account within a few days.

To migrate to the new app, follow the instructions in the Integrate Lucid Cards with Azure DevOps Cloud article to set it up.

FAQ

Will setting up the new app break cards imported into Lucid using the old app?

No. Using the new app will not cause cards created or imported by the old app to stop working and syncing with Azure DevOps Cloud. Boards you created with the old app will also continue to work.
However, note that cards created by the old app will not have access to the new features and stability improvements found in the new app and will stop syncing with Azure DevOps on January 15, 2025. To have your previously created cards/boards benefit from feature and stability improvements, you can re-import the work items using the new app.

If you were previously using the old app and need to migrate to the new app, you can do so by following the steps to set up the new app. When someone at your company has successfully imported a work item using the new app, the legacy app will be removed within a week or two, so ensure that you’re using the new app moving forward.

Thanks Lucid team!  The timeline integration is very slick.  One issue I found as I played with the new features is the “assignee” field is not searchable or rather the search isn’t returning results.  Please open a bug to resolve. 

Hi @KE_VH

Thank you for the reply! Can you provide a screenshot of the issue? 

Can do.  

it returns ‘Search Failed’ for any user.  I can scroll and see “Jackie” but i can’t search for her. 

Thank you @KE_VH

Could you try opening your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. For help with opening an incognito window, please see this community post (in English). Is this occurring in one document or multiple?

Hi Kelsey,  I have tried multiple browsers.  in and out of incognito mode. tried re-importing to cards. connected and disconnected from a VPN.  I’m using a wired gigabit connection.   The search simply does not work as intended.  It returns “search failed” in all cases.  The search on fields on than assignee work as expected.  The drop down menu shows all the expected names - the search however does not work.

Hi @KE_VH

Thank you for confirming that! Can you try the following? 

• Can you please confirm your Azure account still has access to this project in Azure DevOps? 
  • Lucid can only connect to public Azure DevOps instances that allow third-party access. Can you make sure that you have enabled third-party access? 
  • Most issues will be resolved by unlinking then relinking your Azure DevOps connection via Account Settings > Apps & Integrations > Lucidspark. Please note, we recommend waiting ten minutes before reconnecting.

Third party enabled.  Bi-directional updates work near instantly between Lucid and ADO. Assignee search can’t find users to assign/reassign to. 

Hi @KE_VH

Thank you for confirming. Have you attempted to disconnect and reconnect the integration? 

Can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

I will not disconnect integration as I don’t want to work through MS entra approval again. Everything else is working.  Do you want me to post the pin here or is there a secure route to share a support PIN?

@KE_VH, I understand. Feel free to post it here. Support pins are only able to be used through our system and they require a specific ID to activate so only our support teams are able to use them.  It is secure to post them here. 

However, if you are still worried about it, feel free to private message me the support pin by going to my profile and clicking “Send Message.”

How do I make sure I’m using the new app and not the old app?  I unliked whatever was there and have added it back from the marketplace so I assume I have the new one connected now.  When I try to import work items I am met with the following (both on off VPN and inprivate/incognito, etc)

Hi @PatrickRadoszewski

Yes you should be on the new integration now, to verify, have you connected the Lucid Cards for Azure DevOps app to your Lucidspark account and linked Lucid Cards for Azure DevOps app to your Azure DevOps account from Lucidspark? 

You will need to do both in order for the cards to work, instructions can be found here.

@Kelsey Gaag 

Yes, in between steps 4 and 5 here is when I see the error message above.  I don’t get to the “Authorize” prompt.

Hi @PatrickRadoszewski

Thank you for the reply! Did you get Microsoft admin approval to use this integration?

Can you send a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output when encountering the error in your first screenshot? You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (if your computer is a Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (if your computer is a Mac).