Skip to main content

I'm wondering if there's a way to create a Master Page flowchart then have additional pages that focus on certain parts of the flowchart. For this specific purpose I'm creating a firmwide flowchart for a task; I'd like to then have flowcharts focusing on specific roles for that task; BUT then only have to update one spot when changes need to be made. Whether that's my using Master Pages or linking somehow it doesn't matter.

Hi @shannon b thank you for posting in the community! It sounds like the Master Page feature may be helpful for your use-case! With Master Pages you can create a template that applies to all the other pages in the same document. This means that any text or objects will also appear the same way on those other pages. 

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know if this is not what you are looking for or if you have any questions! Cheers!

Leianne what I'm wanting seems to be the opposite of what Master Pages are unless I'm doing them wrong. Basically I want one Master Page where I can manage the FULL workflow. Then I would want separate workflows by role where I could then delete the items that don't pertain to that role or where I can link the items I need from the Master Page to the workflow by that role. Does that make sense?

Hi @shannon b thank you for following up with some additional details about your use-case. In that case you may be able to use the Layers feature to create a different layer for each of your workflows and roles. After that you could use Actions and Hotspots to create buttons on the canvas to toggle views between each. 

If this isn't suitable for your use-case the feature you are looking for may not be currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about these features. Hope this helps!