Skip to main content

LucidChart allows for ingestion of XLS/CSV data to create attributes/properties on Lucid objects. This is however a non-dynamic connection. I believe Lucid does to a dynamic data connection to Google docs.

However i wish to integrate process diagrams with both structured data in a SmartSheet spreadsheet but also with a SmartSheet project for a 3 way connection. I can link SmartSheet spreadsheet rows to a Project but also need to drive LucidChart object/shape properties.

Please advise.

Thank you

Hi John thank you for contributing to the Lucid Community! While a dataset (CSV/Excel/Google Sheet) can be linked to a Lucidchart document with our Data Linking feature and Smartsheet can be dynamically integrated with Lucid Cards on a Lucidspark board with our Lucidspark / Smartsheet integration; unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart or Lucidspark. Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

John

Other possibilities would be Lucid's Data API and their integration with Zapier. I'm not terribly familiar with Smartsheet's APIs but if you can get the data out of Smartsheet Lucid can definitely digest it at a regular cadence. You might also be interested in their new Extension API

Best of luck!

I am also requesting an import feature from Smartsheet to Lucidchart to automate org charts. I know about Zapier and have tried it however it doesn’t always work. I’ve done the whole uploading spreadsheet thing and that isn’t efficient either if you have updates often. What would be really great is if Lucid could come up with a direct connection to smartsheet for this particular purpose. Please have your development team reach out, I’m happy to show them how this could work. 

Hey @VEYERShell -- thanks for keeping this thread going! The best place to post would be in our Product Feedback channel. Here you will be able to get in front of our devs and express your ideas for Smartsheet and how it would benefit your work. 

Thanks so much for the idea!