Lucidchart free plan 60 shape restriction

• 24 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I'm using the Free Plan of Lucidchart and see that I am limited to

• 3 editable Lucidchart documents
  • 60 shapes per Lucidchart document
  • 100 templates

I currently have 2 documents. The one I would like to edit has only 28 shapes on it.

When I try to drag in a new "Text" shape or duplicate a shape already on my diagram I am prompted to upgrade to a Premium plan. If I haven't hit these limits why am I being prompted to upgrade?

Thank you!

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Scott thanks for posting in the Lucid Community - I'm happy to help! You are correct - those are limitations of a Free account. For the comprehensive list of what is available to you I recommend our Lucidchart Plans article from the Lucid Help Center. 

Without seeing your document it does sound as though you may have already exceeded the 60 objects per document limit - note that lines and text boxes also count towards this limit in addition to true shapes. If you would like to confirm by checking the official object count in your document you can open the Performance Metrics panel using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+K and find the "Total Objects" field. 

FjYENDrOp8OcVLVsB71V6w.png

Alternatively, you can use Ctrl/Cmd + A to select all objects on your canvas, then click the Page Insights button in the bottom right of the editor to view a simple count of how many objects you have:

Please let me know if you have additional questions!

Thanks Micah. I had a second page that I didn't realize was there. That did bring the object count up to 60. Deleting that duplicate page allows me to edit again as expected. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Scott thanks for following up! I'm glad to hear that getting rid of the duplicate page did the trick. Please don't hesitate to continue this thread if there's anything else we can do to support your work!