Skip to main content
An attached example comes from Visio. I would like to enter this in Lucidchart. "A56: Persoon insluiter (Voorbeeld uitvoerder)" refers to "T56 Persoon insluiten (Voorbeeld transactie)" with the name T56. This Lucidchart file is exported to Visio. A file is created from Visio which is to be imported into another application. Do I have to use the WEB link for this?

Hi Chris 

Thanks for posting in the community! I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to do. The Web field allows you to enter a URL for another website which will open when you click on that hotspot. If you are trying to link to another Lucidchart document you will need to use the first tab that says "Document." However if your goal is to have the associated action link to Visio or prompt a file export that is unfortunately not supported in Lucidchart. If that's something you'd like to see in the future would you mind sharing your thoughts in our product feedback community space? Ideas posted here are reviewed by our development team for their consideration. 

As additional resources please take a look at our Actions/Hotspots article and our Export/Download article for more information on using these tools. If I've misunderstood what you are trying to do please let me know!

I don't want to enter a web link in the Address field but a short text for example T56.
In Visio I can use the sub-address and descriptioon fields which I miss in Lucidchart.

Hi Chris thanks for the clarification! You can assign custom shape data to shapes to achieve this. Select a shape and open the Data Linking Panel (see screenshot below). Click on the plus-icon next to “Custom Data” to create a new data field which you can then label and fill with the respective data. If you want to display the data on the shape click on the “+T” icon.

g1T4OmBrHJbd1zGZmoezdQ.png

For more information on how to assign new data fields and how you can use this data in formulas please take a look at the How to Use Formulas Help Center article. If this is not the functionality you are looking for please post in the community space linked by Micah above. Thanks!