Skip to main content

When reloading a large mind map with collapsed sections, the joining lines for collapsed sections show on the screen. They are selectable and can be deleted, but this deletes the nodes as well. The only way I have found to remove them is to expand the map to that section and then collapse it again. Very time consuming and it has to be repeated every time the diagram is reloaded.

If I cannot resolve this, it makes unusable for presentations. 

I’ve tried removing WebGL rendering, multiple browsers, mac and windows. Without success.

Is there a way to:

Prevent the lines from incorrectly appearing?

Or

Remove them without having to expand the whole mind map out? Or is there a way to expand the mind map without doing it node by node?

Here is a screenshot of the unconnected spiderweb of lines 

Hi @Rowe Palmer, thanks for flagging this! I believe you have identified a bug, and I have reported this to our development team. I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information. 

As a workaround, I recommend either leaving the mind map fully expanded when closing your document, or expanding it after reopening it, as this makes the mind map shapes reappear.

In the meantime, we also have updated the mind maps experience in Lucidchart to match Lucidspark. The issue described does not happen in this new experience. For more information, please check out this community post: 

Please let us know if you have any questions! 

Thanks Leianne.

1. How can I expand the whole mind map out without doing it node-by-node? It’s a large map. 
  2. Is there a way to convert my current mind map to the new version? 
  3. Does the new version allow selected nodes to all be expanded or collapsed with a single command or is it still node-by-node?

Thank you for following up, @Rowe Palmer! Unfortunately, the options you’ve asked about currently are not supported in either versions of the Mind Maps feature. 

However, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

We appreciate your willingness to provide your requests and feedback in the Lucid Community!