Skip to main content

Hello, 

I’m trying to create a custom library to share shapes across my organization. I want to create, like the likes of AWS library, a custom library with multiple subcategories like they have (their example is sub categories like compute, storage, network).

Hey @daniel -- thanks for posting! I would recommend checking out our Shape library article from the Lucid Help Center. This details how to create and share shape libraries. Unfortunately, you cannot create sub categories within the library at this time. 

Hope this helps!

Sorry Phillip, that only answers on how to build the library.. not creating sub categories.

Hey @daniel -- thanks for the response! As I mentioned, unfortunately, you cannot create sub categories within your library, however, you could create multiple libraries to share. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks @Phillip W . that’s a bummer, can you make it a feature request? 

seems straightening to add since you have that options on the native libraries but we don’t have it on the custom libraroes.

Hey @daniel -- thanks for the reply! I totally understand and I think this is definitely worth taking a look into; would you mind posting your idea in our Product feedback section? This is the best way to get this in front of our Devs for their consideration. 

Thanks for the great idea!