Skip to main content

If you import a story from Jira and then move the story from one team's board to another in Jira that update is not reflected in Lucidspark. As a result the cards on the Lucidspark board have incorrect identifiers (TeamA-123 instead of TeamB-345). I believe the only workaround for this is to re-import the story but please let me know if there is another way to ensure the IDs remain in sync! 

Hi Marisa thank you for contributing to the Lucidspark Community! This is a really good question I am looking into it and will follow-up once I have more information.

Thanks Richard! I found out a colleague of mine opened a case about this not too long ago and was told this functionality does not exist and that Jira board deletions are not synced either. It would be helpful if this limitation was called out on your Jira integration page. Lastly if this hasn't been submitted via the feature request form I'd be happy to do so I just need the link!

Hi Marisa thanks for following up! 

The Lucidspark Cards/Jira integration supports importing Custom fileds (e.g. "Product Team"). You can access your custom fields from Jira on your Lucidspark cards and choose which custom fields are brought in. You will have view-only access to your custom fields. 

To import a custom field:

1. Select a Jira-linked Lucid card on your Lucidspark board and open the edit menu (pencil icon).

2. Open the Configure custom fields menu by clicking the Configure button.

3. Use the search bar to select any custom data field to display with your Lucid Card.

It is important to add the following note from the FAQ section of our Integrate Lucidspark with Jira article from the Lucidspark Help Center:

View-only custom fields are only available if your admin has reconnected your Jira instance as required starting January 2023. For more information refer to the For Admins: Connect your Jira instance article.

Finally Jira issues cannot be deleted from the Lucidspark editor; however the quickest way to edit a Jira card in Atlassian is by using the card title as a shortcut to the issue editor on your Jira instance.