Skip to main content

I am creating an ERD and I have a separate spreadsheet containing data about the entities that gets updated regularly (i.e. entity counts). Data linking is the perfect feature here because it allows me to connect the data with the shapes on my ERD, so I can display the data on my shapes and have it refresh as needed. However, the process of actually linking the data seems a bit time consuming and I feel like there has to be an easier way. Currently, I am dragging every row on my spreadsheet on to the corresponding shape/object on my ERD. There are about 120 objects on my ERD so it takes some time to do this. The objects in my ERD contain the same piece of unique information (entity name) as the spreadsheet rows I am mapping it to. Is there anyway for LucidChart to just take the spreadsheet, look at the entity names in each row, and automatically link it to the corresponding object in my ERD? 

Hi @Salvatore G, thanks for posting in the community! Unfortunately, automatically assigning data to specific shapes isn’t a feature we offer. But, we always love to hear feedback, especially related to specific use cases or what features would help our products become more useful to you.

If you’re interested, please share your ideas in the Product Feedback section of this community. We recommend first searching (with the filter Topic Type = Idea)  to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Hi! 👋 Jumping in here because I think you and others who might come across this post may be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!