Skip to main content

I have a document with 3 pages and I am trying to embed it in a post which has 3 sections. 

In each section I want to embed the same document but show a different page by default.  I DO NOT want to embed a single page.

-----------------

Section 1

[Page 1][Page 2][Page 3]

-----------------

Section 2

[Page 1][Page 2][Page 3]

-----------------

Section 3

[Page 1][Page 2][Page 3]

-----------------

Splitting the pages into individual diagrams is not possible for me because these charts are closely related to each other (summary - details).

Is there any way?

Hi Suparn

Thanks for posting your question in the community. It's not currently possible to embed a specific page by default. Would you mind posting in the product feedback area of the community? Our top upvoted ideas are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

As a workaround you could create copies of your document rearrange the pages and use the embed link from the relevant copy to start on the related page in each section. I realize this isn't the ideal solution but may be able to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Hi there

Is there any progress on this request? Or is this something we can expect in the future?

Creating copies of a document is a maintenance nightmare and does not really work for us.

Thanks in advance!

Hello David

Thanks for adding to this thread!

Unfortunately this has not been implemented so far. Our Product Development Team prioritise the implementation of requested features according to a wide variety of factors and at this time it seems that this one has not made it to their shortlist.

As one of the factor they take into account is the popularity of the request however I encourage you to upvote this idea in product feedback as well to increase the chances that this gets looked into!

Thanks!

This is a needed feature and doesn't seem that it would be too dificult to implement.

Hey Darin

Thank you for posting and letting us hear your voice to implement this idea! We have logged your request and I look forward to seeing your ideas in Lucidchart! 

Thanks again for taking the time to post--Cheers!

I would like to push this topic again.

The initial request is from years ago and I would expect that such a feature would have been implemented by now. The competitors have this feature and I do not understand why Lucidchart does not have it in the backlog or implemented by now. You can find plenty of similar requests in the community here and on the internet so I think it is really a feature that many people would like to see. For me personally this feature is a major shortcoming and major reason to not use Lucidchart. I have some diagrams with 20+ pages and I do not want to maintain copies for all of these pages.

Hey Maximilian

Thank you for posting and letting us hear your voice and feedback concerning this idea! We have logged your request and I look forward to seeing your ideas in Lucidchart! 

Thanks again for taking the time to post--Cheers! 🍻

To make the Embed function useful, which it isn’t now, it desperately needs to have similar selections possibilities as the Publish function.

Hi @Jonas L, thanks for posting in the community and sharing your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about your feedback in the product feedback area of the community. If you're willing, please share your ideas on which features you'd like to see or how we can improve current features, like embedding and publishing, and include how your idea would be useful for your workflow. Thanks so much!