Skip to main content

I just have created a resource of an toolbar with hotspots under each tool that link to Youtube videos.  I love that Lucid Chart can do this . . . however I need those hotspots now to be pulled into my Google Doc that is shared with teachers and students.  I can't do that.  It pulls in as an image and the hotspots are not active.  Any magical solution for this?  I see that I can export a PDF with accessibility but I need for it to end up in the GOogle Doc somehow.  Is this a capability yet?

Hi Ashley

Thanks for posting in the community. Unfortunately there is not a simple way to insert a diagram with active hotspots into a Google Doc. To suggest this functionality to our development team submit it using this form.

Here are the details on hotspot activity when exporting/publishing your document:

• If you are presenting every type of hotspot action will remain active.

• If you are publishing as a URL every type of hotspot action will remain active.

• If you are publishing as a PDF or downloading as a PDF every type of hotspot action except layer toggling will remain active. This is because layers require the Lucidchart editor to function.

• With all other forms of exporting and publishing hotspot actions will not function.

In this case publishing as a URL and including that underneath the inserted image of the chart in the Google Doc might be the best way to get the functionality you are hoping for. Hope this helps!