Skip to main content

I have a Google Sheet with links in some cells.   When using this file as a data source the text on the link is rendered in the Data Linking data panel along with the highlighting but the links are not functioning.   I tried CNTL-shift as well.  No go. 

Hi Ken thanks for posting in the Lucid community - I'm happy to help! Unfortunately even though the URL exists within your Google Sheet as a hyperlink Lucidchart will treat the URL as regular text and clicking on the text to open the link is not currently supported. However you might find this video helpful - it walks you through how to assign the hyperlink as an action for that shape in a really simple way with a "clickable" final result.

However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. I certainly understand how it would be helpful for the URL to import directly without needing to set up an action. Would you mind adding your idea to Product Feedback space? Ideas submitted here are visible for others to upvote and comment on, and are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously. Thanks for your request and apologies for any inconvenience. 

@micah

Hi Ken thanks for posting in the Lucid community - I'm happy to help! Unfortunately even though the URL exists within your Google Sheet as a hyperlink Lucidchart will treat the URL as regular text and clicking on the text to open the link is not currently supported. However you might find this video helpful - it walks you through how to assign the hyperlink as an action for that shape in a really simple way with a "clickable" final result.

However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. I certainly understand how it would be helpful for the URL to import directly without needing to set up an action. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously. Thanks for your request and apologies for any inconvenience. 

This is a bug, not a feature request.

Tried to edit my post to say actually the video is the answer, but janky forum doesnt let me edit or remove posts.

HI @BGGG, thanks for continuing this thread! I had interpreted Ken’s initial message to read that Lucidchart was successfully importing his data source including URLs, but that when displaying those URLs as text on shapes, they were simple plain text and not functioning hyperlinks. In this case, that would be a feature request. You’re correct, though, this video shows our best method for doing this, and if something’s going wrong here, I agree it’s a bug! My apologies if I’ve misunderstood. 

Apologies for the trouble with the forum - you should be able to edit your posts. Please let me know if that persists!

Hi! 👋 Jumping in here because I think you and others who might come across this post may be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!