Skip to main content

Hello
I have connected to my DB (relatively huge) to generate the ERD of it using PostgreSQL.
Now what is in my hand is a ".pgerd" file.

I prefer your ERD over PGAdmin's but it is a pain to create all those entities again.

Is there a way to import from ".pgerd" file to Lucidchart?

Hi Damon thanks for posting in the Lucid community! We don't formally support imports from pgAdmin - if you'd like to see support for this in the future our development team would love to hear more detail about your use case in the Product Feedback space of this community. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your request!

However, depending on the output of your database with a bit of reformatting you may be able to import your data into Lucidchart using the PostgreSQL, option which we do support. I’ve provided a sample PostgreSQL output to this post, which you may use as a template!

Hello

I've got a similar situation. I've got a .pgerd file that I would like to import into Lucidchart. Is there a path to load a postgresql erd into Lucidcharts?

Thanks!

Hi @rilwan j thanks for continuing this thread! PostgreSQL is one of the Databases we support for importing data to create ERDs. If you have a file in that format you should be able to import it and create an ERD with it. For more information on our ERD feature I recommend taking a look at our Entity Relationship Diagrams article from the Help Center. 

You can also use Micah’s PostgresSQL file in the response above for you to reference if you'd like to try reformatting your .pgerd file. Cheers!