Skip to main content

Hi All,

i have the real size of the building, and would like to use LC to draw a floor plan.

i set the scale to 1cm to 1m and draw a 10m wall, but in the shape option, the width of this wall in the document is 15.62 cm.  is there any method to let me input the real size in the document by using the correct scale ?

Best regards,

Joe

Hi @joetsui 

This is a really interesting topic. I've tried myself to make a floor pain with this in mind and, unfortunately, always had problems with the dimensions.

Just to understand more: you've tried to reduce the size of the wall manually in the “Shape Options” box? Because I don't think you're gonna be able to automatically sync the Wall Size with the Scale. 🕵️ 

Hi @joetsui, and thanks, @rafaalb07, for jumping in this conversation! I have a few tips I’d like to share. First, I want to clarify that the shape options menu does not adhere to the floor plan scale. As a result, using shape options will not provide you with the correct size of the shape in relation to your floor plan, as you’ve noted above in your screenshot. You also will not be able to use the Shape Options tool to manually enter the desired size of your floor plan objects. Apologies for any confusion this has caused!

To clarify the behavior of the scale tool and measurement tool:

The scale is the reference to size within the floor plan, and the appearance of objects in your floor plan depends on the scale you set. For example, if I were to set a shape to 80 cm x 120 cm in a document with the scale shown above, the size of the shape in my document would be displayed as 51.2 m x 76.80 m.

The best way to achieve the size object you want for your document is to adjust the scale and measure your objects based on the size when you manually adjust it, using the small pop-up box beneath the shape as a guide. By doing so, you can ensure the shape is sized correctly for your floor plan.

Finally, I recommend this community post, which has additional tips you might find helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions!