Skip to main content

Hi 

How to set transparency on drawing objects in Lucidspark ? 

I'm trying to set transparency of a circle object to 20% on LucidSpark however having difficulty. 

I can see this looks possible as when I try bring in a Venn Diagram from the template it has transparency enabled. 

Thanks 

Ananta

Hi Ananta

Thanks for posting in the community! There isn't an option within Lucidspark to customize shape opacity and make shapes transparent. However you can set shape opacity in Lucidchart by using the opacity selector in the shape fill menu:cmVgf_rzKTe-Vh_wTrcPlw.png

You can then transfer the semi-transparent shape from Lucidchart into Lucidspark. Our Import and export within Lucid article from the Lucid Help Center will walk you through how to do this.

If you'd like to see this feature added to Lucidspark directly please promote it to our product development team by filling out this feature request form.

Hope this helps!

I have the same question. Today I'm trying to draw a circle with a half-transparent fill in Lucidchart (with a Pro subscription). However I do not find the optin to fill with the circle object with an opacity setting. Am I looking at the wrong place? See snapshot below.

Update: I found it. Aparently the UI has changed I need to click the "+" button to access the opacity setting.

Hi Tong

Thanks for posting in the community! You are correct this UI has changed but you can still control the opacity of a shape fill without impacting the opacity of the text on the shape by following these steps:

1. Open the Fill Color menu
  2. Click the + Plus button at the bottom of the Fill Color menu
  3. This will open a panel where you can adjust the opacity of the shape's fill color without impacting the opacity of the shape or text on it

5SLvYhJQbZGT5zjemfoihA.png

That being said as you mentioned this feature is still less accessible than it was before. Please add your feedback about the changes to our color picker and to the Product Feedback space in this community for our product team’s consideration. 

At Lucid take feature requests very seriously and are continuously looking for how we can make Lucidspark more useful and effective for our users.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

I also found it confusing - had to to trace to this page to figure it out. The old opacity bar is much more straightforward.

Hi Han thanks for posting in the community and I'm sorry for the confusion with the new UI. Please add your feedback about the changes to our color picker to the Product Feedback space in this community. Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to our product development team for their consideration.