Solved

How to set a fixed width for Mind Map nodes

• 29 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Just moved from MindManager to Lucid. In MM, each mind map node (text box) has handles allowing me to adjust node width manually, or set a default width for all nodes. I can’t seem to find either option in Lucid. My Lucid mind map nodes only wrap text content when they’re VERY long. Makes readability very difficult.

I’m using the default Lucid Mind Map and I see a “Shape Options” icon in the menu bar, but the width/height values are grayed out.

Help appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Amelia W 2 April 2024, 23:10

View original

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @tonygoulding, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I apologize for the delay here, would you be willing to provide a screenshot of the Shape Options that are being greyed out for you? For more information on Mind Maps, feel free to check out our Mind Maps article from the Lucid Help Center as well!

Badge +1

Sure, here is an example. As you see - long text boxes. No adjustment handles and Width/Height grayed out.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @tonygoulding, thanks for providing that screenshot! Mind maps have some specific formatting presets that limit how customizable they are, which means these shape options will not be available. However, you can use “Shift + Enter” to create a new line of text within each box, to keep these lines from being so long.

We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in the Mind Map experience. You can post new ideas in the Product Feedback tab and these ideas will be shared with our Product Development team for consideration. Before sharing your idea, please explore our community to find existing suggestions. 

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post. Please let me know if you have any further questions!