Skip to main content

I have a Lucidchart with 4 tabs (V1, V2, V3, and V4).  I have made V4 the Master.  I then “Publish” the Lucidchart and get the url I can share to both Lucid and non-Lucid users.  Unfortunately, when any user clicks on the link, it takes them to V3.

How can I get the link to open up for all users to the tab I have chosen as the Master, V4?

Hi Scott, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! At this time, the Master Page cannot be the default page, I would recommend converting your first page to a regular page to allow users to land on that page tab directly. Alternatively, you can publish just the Master Page by selecting the “Single Page” option in the Publishing menu, if you would like to keep that page tab designated as a Master Page.

For more details on how to do this, please review our Publishing Article from the Lucid Help Center!

We are continuously looking for ways to improve our products and your input is the most effective way to achieve that goal. If you would like to see the capability in the future, you can post your idea in the Lucid Community and these ideas will be shared with our Product Development team for consideration. 

For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: 

Thank you @Amelia W!  Changing it from a Master to a regular page worked perfect.

A follow-up question.  Do you know why, when clicking on the new link when publishing a Lucidchart, it shows up off center and a lot of content is off screen?  See this blurred example in the upper left where text and some graphics are off screen.  One has to right click and move it back into the readable area on the monitor. 

@Scott C101, no problem, happy to help!

For your follow-up question, there is not currently a way to set the zoom level or a specific view of your document with a Publish link. However, when publishing, you can choose Area Selection in the Publish dialogue to select a portion of the document, or a specific view that you want your users to see. I’ve attached a GIF below, just in case that’s helpful! 

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Fantastic ideas and ways to deliver sharper content for our needs.  Thank you @Amelia W

I’m glad those tips were helpful for you, @Scott C101! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything else I can do for you!