Solved

How to insert template to existing document

• 11 October 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

We recently added a template would l like to apply it to multiple existing documents. 

icon

Best answer by gwingate 10 May 2024, 23:16

View original

Comments

Hi Jingli

Thanks for posting in the Community! Converting a document to a template allows you to create multiple documents from one template but there is not a method to directly insert a template as a page tab into a specific document. As a workaround I'd recommend using a select all command like "Ctrl + A" or "Cmd + A" to select all content from your template and then paste it into a document of your choice. For more on how to use templates in Lucidchart please reference this article in the Lucidchart Help Center. Please let me know if you have further questions. 

Hi Adam

I would like to make a request to product to add the functionality to add/create a page on an existing document from a template. Talk about a productivity gain for people who are trying to create a single "workbook" document that outlines multiple necessary diagrams. Thanks in advance.

I am with Aaron. This would be a worthwhile feature.

I agree with @jingli h and @aaron k this would be a great feature.
I have a mockup of a number of web pages and would like to be able to add a site map. There are great templates and I will use the copy all and paste option but it would be nice to be able to add it in an integrated manner.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi all

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community. Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our Product Feedback Space? Ideas submitted here are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi all, just jumping in to give an update on this feature. It is now possible to add templates into pages directly from the document. You will first select the Template Gallery on the Left hand ribbon:

Then select the template you would like to insert (make sure you have selected the page you would like the template to be inserted onto before selecting the template):

This user specifically could use the ‘Created by me’ section to find their personal templates, but any template can be used. You can search for the template your looking for with the search bar or browse with the left hand menu. Once you have picked a template, insert it by selecting ‘Insert” or preview it with the eye icon. Hope this helps!