Skip to main content
Solved

How to expand / collapse direct reports.

• 18 July 2024
  • 8 replies

For the life of me - I cannot figure out how to create my org chart so I can expand / collapse direct reports. I search for expand collapse and I cannot find anything useful. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Comments

Badge +1

just curios. I have a license / subscription, is there a specific subscription I need? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @matt.leshinskie

Thank you for the post! You can collapse direct reports by pushing the collapse button that appears when you hover over an Org Chart shape. You don’t need a specific subscription to access this feature!

Badge +1

therein lies my problem - the collapse button is not there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @matt.leshinskie , 

Thank you for the reply! Can you send a screenshot your Org Chart? This collapse feature is specifically only available to our Org Chart shapes, so if you created the chart with normal shapes you will not see this feature. 

Badge +1

Thanks Kelsey -

What does Org Chart Shape mean? I’ve connected to SFDC, when I drag a contact onto the palette - it doesn’t seem to be an “org chart shape.” Therefore I don’t have the expand / collapse feature.

And If I use an Org Chart template, then I cannot seemingly use the data in SFDC. 

I’m guessing to get what I truly want - I either have to put everything into excel - or manual enter contact info. Unless I’m missing something.

edit - I cannot screen shot my org chart. Sorry. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @matt.leshinskie

Thanks for the reply! No worries about the screenshot! Creating data from Salesforce data does not create an Org Chart Shape. We currently don’t offer imports from Salesforce to an Org Chart, or offer the collapse feature outside of Org Charts. You can import a CSV, an Excel sheet, or Google Sheets. To learn more about Org Charts, you can check out this Help Center article.

However, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

Badge +1

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@matt.leshinskie, You’re welcome! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.