Skip to main content

I have checked document however I don't know how to edit org chart information without replace data from either google drive or uploaded file. I also checked the community but didn’t find my answer. Hence I would like to ask whether or not I can create new employee and edit right in lucid chart without uploading files or linking from other places e.g Google Drive?

Hi Long thanks for posting! Yes you can create an Org Chart without importing data. You can either start from scratch and drag org chart shapes onto the canvas or you can use one of our org chart templates. Once you have your shapes on the canvas if you double click them it will pull up an org chart tool bar on the left. You can edit the employee information on that toolbar or within the shapes themselves. You can also hover over the shape and red pluses should appear that you can click to create new employees. If you take a look at this Help Center article it goes over more details on how you can edit org charts. Hope this helps!

Hi @Maison W

You can edit the employee information on that toolbar or within the shapes themselves. 

Does this also work when importing the data from Google Sheets? When I double-click into a field, nothing happens. Also, the three points on the right of each field only give the option “Copy”.

It is possible to edit data by clicking into the shape when it is shown on the graph but if fields are not shown but still relevant for conditional formatting, a way to edit the data would be very helpful!

Many thanks!

Hi @luciduser_1234, thanks for posting! Advanced features like data refresh, data replace, and data overlay are available to Enterprise accounts - to learn more, please see our Lucidchart Plans article. To learn more about data syncing features with org charts, please review this help center article. Other subscription levels allow for a one time data import. 

With a one time data import, the workout you mentioned above is to edit the information in the shape and these changes will then be reflected in the data tab of the Contextual Panel.

If you have feedback on this experience or would like to suggest a new feature, please consider leaving an “idea” in the product feedback section of the community! We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: