Skip to main content

Hi

Is there a way to disable the auto arrange feature with Site Maps as it changes my layouts and connection points everything I move an item around or add an item. I need my specific layouts untouched. Very frustrating to work with.

Thanks

Hi Christian 

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! Unfortunately it’s currently not possible to disable auto-arrange for sitemap diagrams. The sitemap library is designed to automatically structure parent-child relationships and to rearrange the shapes on the canvas when moving objects around in a way to keep those relationships’ consistency while fitting a vertical / horizontal / vertical layout.

If the ability to turn off this feature is something that you would like to see implemented in the future please promote your idea to our development team by adding your thoughts to this feature request form. We highly value user feedback when looking for ways to make our product more useful and effective!

As a workaround you may want to recreate your sitemap using our flowchart library instead. This will give you more freedom to customize your sitemap allowing you to freely move objects and adjust the layout of your diagram according to your needs. For more information take a look at our Create a flowchart in Lucidchart article from the Lucid Help Center.

Hope this helps! Thanks for your request and my apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.

+ one for this request.