Skip to main content
Solved

How to change frame text color

See attached picture. I simply want the title text to be the same style as the container text. Makes some shape unusable

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Sebastien Renaud

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! You can customize the style of your text by selecting it and then using the toolbar options at the top of the canvas. To make the title text to match the style of the container text, you will need to change both the text box fill color and the text color. 

Customizing text color
Customizing text box filling

To learn more about how to customize the appearance of your text and text boxes, please review the following Help Center articles: 

I hope this helps! 

Badge

I am not sure if this is the same problem, but container title fill colour is forced to follow the line colour of the container itself.  So if you have a black container line, the title box fill colour is black.  If you try to set the title box fill to white, then the container line disappears.  This seems to be a bug.

Any solution to this?

Mac OSX and Safari, latest versions. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @patrickcurry123

Thanks for following up on this! You can also change the container line color using the Formatting toolbar options (specifically the Line menu) at the top of the workspace.

You can learn more about this options in our Add and customize shapes in Lucidchart Help Center article.

Badge

As I mentioned, that isn’t working for me.  If I do what you describe and set a container black line, it immediately blacks out the title box so you can’t read the text.  By the way, your example is for a process box, not a container, which may be different.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @patrickcurry123

Could you post a screenshot of the issue? Please make sure to select the object before taking the screenshot and to include the Formatting toolbar options in the screenshot. Thanks!

Badge

I am seeing the same issue. Mac OS and Chrome, latest versions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @mlequesne

Thanks for continuing this thread! It seems like the black container box is not selected. Could you select the object first and then try to change the fill color, line color and text color from the Formatting toolbar?

If it doesn’t work, please send a screenshot of the object selected and the Formatting toolbar options that appear when selecting the object and clicking on the Fill color, Line color, and Text color menus. Thanks!

Badge

This is an issue for me too. There is no way to change the background of the container label. The OP did post the screenshot. When you select the container you cannot change the background of the label text using the fill button. I want to use the label feature for containers but I absolutely need to be able to control the look of the label especially color. 

Badge

Here is the problem step by step:

1. add new rounded corner rectangle:

1. Add a title:
  1. No problem changing font color:

1. No way to change background color (background of title remains black, background of container changes:
  1. Changing the line color of the container changes background of title; they aren’t independent:

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi everyone, 

@mcbaldwin Thanks for outlining the steps to reproduce the behavior you’re seeing! 

Our product team confirmed that this is the expected experience for container’s labels: the container title background color is tied to the container border color. This means there is currently no way to have a container title background that doesn't match the container border color. 

That being said, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Would you be willing to submit your feedback on this experience as a feature request in the dedication section of this community? First, please search the Product Feedback section  (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request– this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request. The more people who support an idea, the more likely it’s to be implemented! 

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: