Skip to main content

How to add text to the diagram/shapes in a similar below format. Thank you. 

Hi Sri thanks for posting in the Lucid community! I'm happy to help. To clarify are you hoping to use a speech bubble shape to add additional information or context to another shape like the document icon in the example above? If so I recommend using the "callout" shape within the "UI Misc" shape sub-library (located within the main "UI" shape library). You can use the squares highlighted in orange in my screenshot below to adjust its size and appearance according to your needs. 

If I've misunderstood your question please let me know and I'd be glad to continue assisting!

Hi Micah

This is what I'm looking for. Thank you for the quick response. 

Just one more thing could you please let me know how do I remove the blue tile when working with layers ?

Hi Sri I'm glad that was helpful!

Regarding the blue selection box - this in conjunction with the grayed out non-selected objects serve to indicate which objects are editable as part of the layer you're actively working in. At this time it's unfortunately not possible to disable them! However if this would be beneficial to your workflow our development team would love to hear more about your experience working in Lucidchart in this feature request form. Thank you for your feedback and apologies for any inconvenience. Please let me know if you have additional questions!