Skip to main content

For the life of me I can't figure out how to rename the swim lane.
Anyone?

For example I want to rename "Team 1" to something else.
I've tried double clicking triple clicking right clicking and it doesn't budge.

I just want to be able to double-click and update the swim lane. 

I figured it out...FINALLY.

The swim lane is auto-created when a new team is assigned.

Don't mind me.
Just being a nube.

This was very frustrating for like 10min.
Perhaps when someone double-clicks on a swim lane they get a message to rename it by renaming each task.

To clarify....
I clicked on a task...then clicked edit...and then created a new assignee and the task jumped into a new swim lane.

Hi Rob thanks for your post in the Lucid Community! You're correct - the Assignee field or "Team" in your example is automatically generated by the value within the Assignee field of an individual card. I appreciate you sharing what you learned and I apologize for the confusion this caused! I've noted your feedback about a more straightforward way to simply double-click and rename and will pass this along to our development team - they utilize feedback like this when prioritizing improvements to Lucidspark. Thanks for taking the time to share it!

As additional resources I recommend the Work with Timelines article from the Lucidspark Help Center as well as this Manage your project using a Gantt Chart community post. Both have great tips on customizing and working with your timelines. Please let me know if you have additional questions!

How do I delete a swimlane?

To delete a swimlane you just have to make sure that no items are assigned the swimlane.

Once no items are assigned that category then the swimlane should disappear.

Hi @mohammed g and @rob w103 thank you for continuing this thread! You should be able to easily delete a swimlane by right-clicking it and selecting 'Delete' from the menu. Please note that if you have any cards in that lane and you delete it the cards that were in that lane will also be deleted. 

Hope this helps! Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions about this. Cheers! 🙌 

recommended article above does not exist : As additional resources I recommend the Work with Timelines article from the Lucidspark

Hi @Nidhi, thank you for flagging this! I’ve gone ahead and updated the links above and they should be working now. I’ll add them to my comment as well for easier access:

Hope this helps! Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions :)