Skip to main content

Hi!

I created a document with quite a lot of hotspots with page links and when doing so I gave the hotspots a transparent background with a cursor hand icon in the corner so as to make it apparent to a user of the document which objects are clickable. However when I download the document as a PDF (which is the format the client will use) the hotspots are not visible. How do I choose for hotspots to be visible?

I included a couple of pictures of how it looks in lucidchart (on top) and as a PDF (on bottom).

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Nina

Hi Nina thanks for posting! Hotspots are solely purposed for online work and they do not transfer to PDFs or other static files. However you can insert the cursor as an image to have it export in your PDF.

Hi thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The hotspots work fine in the PDF they're just not visible. Are you telling me that it's just the visibility part that somehow doesn't export? I realize that it's an easy fix to get the little cursor images in there but it's a big document with a lot of objects with hotspots so I just wanted to see if there was some way to just make the hotspots visible instead.

Thanks!

Hey Nina yes the visibility part of hotspots do not export. However you can edit a normal shape to mimic the hotspot appearance if you would like them to appear in your document!

Oh that's too bad. Well I guess I'll have to go the image route. Thanks för all you help!

Hey Megan any chance of making this a feature request it kindof sucks doing all that work and then finding out at the end that it's not visible!

Hey Alex we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart! I welcome you to add this idea to our Product Feedback section. Ideas submitted are passed on to the product team for their consideration. Thanks!