Skip to main content
Solved

How do I lock an entire lucidspark whiteboard?

I’m using Lucidspark to manage sprint retros, and it works great to collaborate with the team, increase engagement and spark innovation.  Now, after the meeting is over, I want to retain the retro contents, but I don’t want to allow any adds, edits or deletions.  I would want to be able to convert a sticky note to a Jira ticket/card, but nothing else.  I can’t see any option to do this.  I thought setting the status of the board to “Complete” would do this, but it doesn’t seem to.

Help?

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Good afternoon,

This is a great question! Would it work to change the board share settings after your retro to “view” only? Depending on how you are sharing your retro board prior to your retro meeting, you could go in after and adjust the settings to “view”. This would give the owner of the board the ability to still convert sticky notes, but also keep new edits from happening, and the users would still see the contents of the retro.

Badge +1

Shantel, thanks so much for responding.

I must confess that I’m a new user, so I’m still learning the interface.

I created a Team, and this document is a shared team document.  I don’t think I can set the Share options so the team members can only view it.

The dropdown with “Edit and share” is greyed out, so I can’t change it.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Badge +1

OK.  I’ve been trying to figure this out.  I think, based on the Sprint Retro training material Lucid has, that I should keep the main board clean, so I can have a stable link to the board from our reoccurring meeting invite.  That means after the retro I have to clone the board to a breakout board, and somehow make that copy read/only.  Then I have to clear everything off the main board.  So far, I can’t copy all of the content from my main board to the breakout board, I can’t make the breakout board read/only, and this is a cumbersome process on the face of it.

It would be really nice if I could just have an option to “lock-down” a board so that no changes could be made.  This would be an owner type option, so not just anyone could do it, then the owner could, if they wanted to, unlock the board.

Am I missing something basic here?  Maybe I’m overthinking it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Good morning,

I see what you are saying. I was thinking about this, and one possible solution is to have a blank template you use for each retro. This way you aren’t having to copy/paste and then delete information each time. You could create a breakout board for each occurrence of your retros. Once the retro is complete, add something to indicate to users not to edit. This might look like renaming the breakout board by adding “do not edit”, or possibly adding a red message within the document that says not to edit.

Now, the final idea I had is to use our revision history to see if anyone has edited the document post-retro. If someone has gone in and edited, you can restore the version as it was the day of the retro by selecting the version you’d like to restore in the version history. (see screenshots below for accessing that) Would this work for you?

In the drop down menu at the top of your board select the revision history.

You will see a list of different versions, select the one you wish to restore and select “restore” at the top of the list.

In addition, I love your idea about being able to lock down a board if needed. Please use our product feedback form to add your idea with any additional details you had in mind.