Skip to main content

Hello! 

I have two process charts that are very similar. How can I SAVE AS a new chart and keep the original chart. Basically Chart 1 and Chart 2. I don't want to recreate a chart if it is already done. thank you. 

Hi Diana

To create a copy of the chart hover over the document (Chart1) from your Docs list click more then select copy. This will create a new copy of your document which you can then edit without altering the original.

Diana - how can we allow other users to copy our diagrams?

if they don't have edit access - like we want to keep a master template

Hi Steve

I would recommend that you create a team template then share it with the entire team. More details instructions can be found here.

This appears to no longer work. When I click on More settings menu … there is no "copy" option. Is this functionality still available somewhere?

Hi Tod 

This functionality does still exist. It should work as Keyvan described if select More when on the Docs List and then click Copy. After that if you right click on the Docs List screen (but not on a specific doc) and select Paste you should see the copy appear.

I have included a gif that should show the steps as described.

Thanks got it. At first I was going to Home and using the menu. There it doesn't have a copy option for some reason.  If I drill down to Documents it appears.  I was expecting it to be done in one step as described in the official comment. I also watched a Lucid video that demonstrated this on one step.  The Duplicate option from that menu is what I needed. Seems unintuitive to have the options in this menu change based on how you view the document. 

Hi Tod

Yes duplicate is also a great option for creating a copy! It really serves the same functionality as copy and paste but can be done in one step. Thanks for mentioning that option! 

Recently changes have been made to our Docs List as we are always trying to improve the product. It looks like the video referred to is from 2018 so it may show features that are not presently the same. Unfortunately creating copies under Recent Documents on the Home page of a Lucidchart account is not a feature that is currently supported. However if this is a functionality you would like to see added to Lucidchart in the future please share your feedback on this page in the community. We're always looking for ways to improve using suggestions from our users and ideas submitted to this page are presented to our product development team for consideration. 

I was having the same problem @tod g was having and I don't understand why a year after Tod pointed out this problem that LucidCharts would not have added "copy" to the menu.

Hi Rodney

Thanks for posting in the community to share your thoughts. As Shanna mentioned the best way to share your feedback is by sharing it on this page in the community. Please feel free to reach out with any further questions!