Skip to main content

How do I create isometric diagrams in Lucidchart?

No need for 3D isometric renderings or 3D anything.  I suspect the OP (and I) are looking for a grid pattern to draw 2D isometric drawings.  You can do this in Visio or with paper.  It's still 2D but it gives the effect of 3D.   See below.  Instead of a square grid you use a diamond grid to give the effect. 

Hi Mike

Thanks for the clarification!  Unfortunately there is no way to do this in Lucidchart at this time. I agree that this would be a nice addition so I recommend posting in our Product Feedback section. This is the best way for our product team to hear your feedback on this.

A quick work around for me was to create a new document with a new layer called something like "guides" and then draw out the isometric projection guidelines (the blue lines on the above picture) and then lock the layer. Save this document as a template and then you can use it for your future drawings making sure that you draw on a different layer from the guidelines. Before computers we used to draw faint isometric guidelines on the paper before drawing the shape or component.