Skip to main content

I would like to create a customer journey offline in CSV format then load into one of the existing Customer Journey Maps in LucidChart.  I was able to do this with Smart Containers and Product Roadmaps but i cant see how i can do the same thing with Customer Journey. I was able to import the data but looks like the only way to do this is to create a chart one shape at a time - this will take me hours to map the data to individual shapes. I was hoping i could connect from the CSV and just chose the Customer Journey template . Any help appreciated.

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!

Customer journey map from a CSV file by automatically selecting a customer journey template is not readily available, would you like to perform manually by creating a customer journey map using the imported data

Preapre - CSV file contains the necessary information for your customer journey map

-Create a new document in Lucid
-Can start with a blank document or choose a template that closely matches your needs
-Go to the "File" menu and select "Import Data" or "Import CSV." Follow the prompts to upload your CSV file
-After importing your CSV data, Lucidchart will prompt you to map your CSV columns to specific shapes or elements in the document
-Create shapes that represent the stages or elements of your customer journey map
-Now your data is imported and mapped to shapes
-You can customize your customer journey map per your need and save

Hope this helps and happy to assist further !!

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!
Warm regards

Hi @kmikkels! @Humas1985 is correct - at this time, importing a CSV directly into a customer journey isn’t currently supported in Lucidchart. I wanted to join the thread to provide a small bit of additional information and an idea. For your reference, the following diagram types can be built via CSV upload:

• ERDs
  • Org charts
  • Process diagram
  • Smart containers (as you’ve used)
  • Sticky notes

To clarify, which customer journey template are you referring to? While it may not be a perfect fit, I wonder if using the “process diagram” option can mitigate a large amount of the manual work you described.

This option could effectively build out the “flow” of the customer journey,  and from there you could style and rearrange into the template of your choosing. 

However, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

Hi! Jumping in here to share about Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!