Skip to main content

I want to create a pretty complex diagram with lots of rounded rectangles with text in them.

The text will have various length/sizes.

How can I make the rectangles to automatically change their size based on the text size?

I want to have the same margins around the text say 5pt and have the text always centered in the rectangle.

Hi Kristian

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately there is not way to have Lucidchart automatically resize your shapes to fit your text. However this community post provides a good workaround.

I agree that this is a good idea. To promote it please fill add your idea to the Product Feedback space so that other users can view and support your request. Thanks!

Hi Kristian

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately there is not way to have Lucidchart automatically resize your shapes to fit your text. However this community post provides a good workaround.

I agree that this is a good idea. To promote it please fill out the Feature Request form. Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks!

Hi, the above link do mot work - please update and let me know :-)

Hi Jesper, apologies! I’ve updated both of the links above to reflect our new community processes. Thank you!