Skip to main content

I have a diagram with multiple layers and I want to create a "menu" of sorts where clicking on any of the buttons will show only a single layer but hide all others.  I can choose the "toggle layers" action but then it takes some clicking off of other layers to get the exact view that I'm looking for.  Is it possible to do what I am looking for? 

Hi Matt

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! Yes this is possible. To accomplish this you'll need to create your different menu items each on a different layer. As seen in the screenshot below this menu contains six options each option on an individual layer. The hotspot added to Option 1 is set to 'Toggle Layers' but toggles all layers except for my 'Option 1' layer. The same goes with the hotspot added to Option 2 (as seen below). Now when I click this menu button all layers are hidden except that layer not 'selected' (with a check mark) in the menu below.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for your response!  It looks like the actions menu has been updated since I last looked which made this much easier to accomplish.  I was able to achieve my desired functionality.

One note for others looking to do this is that the menu items should all stay on the Page layer so that they do not disappear when selected.

Is there a way to set "hiding all layers except one" as the default?
I have a diagram that continuously gets layers added to it and to get the desired functionality I have to go back and edit each hot spot I have for displaying a specific layer to hide the newly created layers when it is clicked. 

Hi John thanks for continuing this thread! Unfortunately hiding newly created layers in this way or as the default setting is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However I certainly understand how this could bring efficiency to your workflow as your diagram evolves. If you're willing to share our development team would love to hear more about your use case for an ability like this in this Product Feedback section! They use ideas submitted here when prioritizing improvements to Lucidchart. Thanks for your request and apologies for any inconvenience. Please share any additional questions below.