Skip to main content

Hi 

In my Lucidchart diagram, I try to to highlight the block related to the one I selected as below.

I tried to use layer to achieve this but it doesn't suit.

How can I do this ? 

Thanks

gjQJl3CQs6PAsD9djm5f_A.png

Hi there

If you would like to highlight/select multiple shapes all at the same time you can hold "control" and click on all the shapes you would like to select. You can also highlight/select multiple shapes all at the same time by clicking any open space on the document and while holding the click down dragging a box around the objects you would like to select. If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out. Thanks for using Lucidchart!

HI Andrew 

I have a similar question with regards to selecting/highlighting. is there a way for the shapes connected to the shape selected to get highlight automatically? I believe Jean-Baptiste's image depicts that very clearly where he would like to see the three attached rectangles highlighted when the red rectangle is selected.

Thanks for your help!

MC

Hey Marwan! I believe grouping would be the closest feature that would accomplish this. While all objects are selected right-click and select group. This will automatically select all shapes that are grouped together when one of the shapes are selected.

However if you would like to see the specific feature that allows the shapes to be highlighted when selected please share more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience posted in the Product Feedback section of the community--from here, other users can upvote it and add details of their own. For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post.

Thanks for diagramming!.

Hi there-- is there an update of this feature referred to by Marwan C in this thread?

Hi Shawn

Thanks for commenting!

At this time the feature closest to what Marwan wanted to accomplish is still the Group feature. You can combine two or more shapes into one by selecting them right-clicking on the selection box and then selecting "Group."

If you would like to chime in and make your voice heard please take some time to post in the product feedback section of the community that Micah linked to. Thank you!