Skip to main content

Hi

I need to create an org chart within Lucid Charts using a Hybrid Model Layout instead of the standard layout (i.e. the people who report into a manager go down instead of across) as we want a narrower org chart. See below.

Visio can do this - but I do not see that design option in Lucid. 

Can someone point me in the right direction if it’s there?

Hi @Tdietz92131 

Can you please take a look at the below and check whether it will suit your requirement? 

This is quite simple which i created via create diagram feature, to make a base creation and from there we can pay around as needed and from your ask - vertical fixing is possible.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

I actually wanted something more like this in below diagram - which I can create easily in Visio but wanted to do something similar in Lucid Charts which is our primary charting app.

I want it to be able to stay in the same format whenever I refresh the data

Hi @Tdietz92131

Thank you for your post! I would recommend checking out our Org Charts features, I believe this will help accomplish your goal.  

Yes I saw this formatting - but it only allows for ‘one-level’ of the vertical formatting hierarchy.  I need to be able to have multiple levels tier with the vertical hierarchy on all levels - and Lucid Chart does not give me that option as far as I can tell.  I have tried redoing my charts multiple times - but every time it reformats my chart horizontally on all levels but the lowest oner ...when there is a second tier of leadership under the primary tier the vertical goes away on the previous levels. I can do the Main Leader (Level One) & their direct reports (Level Two) going horizontal - with their direct reports (Level Three) all going vertical. However if one of the Level Three direct reports also have direct reports (level four), the chart swings back to horizontal on all previous levels except the last one which goes vertical.  I need all of the levels going down vertical.  Not sure if Lucid needs to create another ‘HYBRID’ type org chart template that allows for multiple levels / tiers to be able to go vertically or not - but I cannot figure out how to get it to happen with the current designs available.  (See below picture).  

Hi @Tdietz92131, thanks for following up!

Yes, unfortunately, this formatting option isn’t currently available in Lucid, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread, where you can also upvote this suggestion.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: