Skip to main content
Solved

Help ! Unable to access Lucidspark board

I was facilitating a large workshop using a Lucidspark board that was prepopulated  and midway I got a message “ Our servers experienced an error. We apologize for the inconvenience.” I tried reloading in a new tab, new incognito window but see the same error ! 

I am the owner of the document so its not a sharing issue

Help ! 

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Aruna Dhall, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Could you try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. 

Attempting to open your Lucidspark board in an incognito window is a great first step! It’s also worth trying another browser as well, if your internet does not seem to be the cause of the issue. But if the issue continues to persist, please let me know!

Badge +1

Hi,

No VPN used and no Network issues. I was midway through a workshop when this happened, I am using Chrome. Same thing happens on Safari .Note : I tried and can open other Lucidspark documents 

This appears to be an error on the Lucidspark side. Please help as I have ongoing workshops 

Thanks

Aruna

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Aruna, thanks for confirming that information for me. Can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this board? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

Badge +1

Hi Amelia

How do I generate a pin as I cannot open the board - its not loading 

Thanks

Aruna

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

You can generate a PIN from the Documents Page, without opening the board itself. Let me know if you run into any trouble with this process!

Badge +1

Hi Amelia 

Here is a support PIN u3eR8WEzULJb

generated by a colleague 

Thanks

Aruna 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks for generating that PIN! I will take a closer look at your document. Just to confirm, another user was able to open this document that is not loading for you?

Badge +1

Hi Amelia 

Here is one I generated : 

901DdynkTcrn

thanks

Aruna 

Badge +1

Actually the document was already open for my colleagues tab but reloading gives him the same error as I reported. I dont think this issue is related to the user but to the document itself 

thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Ok, gotcha. That makes sense, thanks for clarifying that for me! I will update this thread as I learn more.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Aruna, would you mind creating a duplicate of the document from the Document page? This will help us determine if there is an issue with the document itself or if there is something in the document that is causing this error.

If the issue persists in a copy of the document, would you be comfortable sharing a screenshot of your Javascript Console when you attempt to open the document? You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Badge +1

Hi Angela

I created a Duplicate and that has the content in the original doc. 
The issue is we have shared the original doc link to our participants so it would be great if we could get the original document to work 

thanks

Aruna 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I’m glad to hear that this copy is working for you! I’ve passed the information onto our engineers who can investigate further into what caused this issue on the original board. I will convert this post into a support ticket so that I can provide additional updates as I receive them. However, I would recommend using this copy and sending it out to your participants, so you can continue your work in the meantime. 

One thing worth noting, to optimize performance during your workshop, if you have more than 100 collaborators actively participating on the board, or more than 200 users just viewing the board, it’s worth splitting your collaborators into multiple boards, by making additional copies or using Breakout Boards. 

Badge +1

Hi Amelia 

We had 25 to 30 participants only. Are there published Lucid guidelines such as the one you mentioned? That will be helpful 

Regards

Aruna 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Aruna Dhall That’s good to know! This guideline came from our Basic Troubleshooting article. Another helpful resource is our Guest Collaborator article, specifically for Lucidspark.