Skip to main content

Hi,

Using a master page I can create a nice header and footer for a chart that fits on a single page.  See example Figure 1.

Figure 1 - a header and footer on the page I print

When a chart extends across multiple page tiles, the master page will only apply to a single page tile.  See Figure 2.

Figure 2 - a Master page (header & footer) applied to a page with multiple page tiles

Also, in Figure 2, you can see several blank page tiles to the left of my chart.  I cannot understand why they are there.

I have two questions:

1. How can I set up a header and footer that applies to each page I export when using page tiles?
  2. Why are there so many blank page tiles to the left of my chart?

Thanks

George Lintern

Hi @georgelintern, thanks for posting in the community! To answer your questions:

1. Unfortunately, it’s currently not possible to apply a header/footer using Master pages to page tiles. You can however, use Master pages to apply your header and footer to page tabs. If you have content that exceeds one page tile, I recommend you create a new page tab. Insert your content and crop it where it ends on your page. Copy the leftover content and paste it into another new page tab. You can use the “Apply Master” on the new page tabs which should insert the header and footer.
    For more information about Master pages, feel free to check out this Help Center article here!

If you would like to apply Master pages to page tiles in the future and would like to share this feedback, feel free to check out the Product Feedback section of this community. We’d be interested to hear your feedback and are committed to continually improving our products. If your idea has not already been submitted, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: 

2. If you have content that is too close to the edge of the page tiles in your documents, this can sometimes add blank tiles. Could you try incrementally moving your content further away from the edges of the page tiles (e.g. by reducing the size) and see if this resolves the issue?

Feel free to comment below if you have any questions!

Hi Sylvia,

This response was very helpful and saved me hours of further trial and error.  Thank you.

George