Skip to main content

We use Smart Containers in our LC flows and noticed Groups are now gone. Is this a bug or a permanent change? 

Hi Sarah

I am not totally sure what you are referring to. Are you asking about the Group By in the Smart Container Layout options or the ability to Group objects together or something else altogether?

When exporting a CSV of shape data the Group column is now blank - I'm unsure which feature this relates to within LC.

Hey Karsten we were using exported CSVs of smart containers and now suddenly the group id is missing from the CSVs for all the smart containers. This is blocking our work currently If you can clarify the change from your end or tell us how to bring back the group ids that would be really helpful. Thanks. 

Hi Sarah and Nishant 

Thanks for clarifying! I believe I have been able to reproduce the issue you are seeing. In order to further verify we're seeing the same issue I've moved your inquiry to a support ticket. This will allow me to file a report for your specific case.

If anyone else runs into this issue please let us know in this thread!

Following up here for anyone who experiences the same issue. Smart containers were previously contained in a group; this functionality was intentionally removed in order to standardize interaction with our data features.

Here's what this means:

• You no longer need to double click to select or edit org chart and smart container contents

• Lines stay connected when moving around smart container items

• Smart container interactions now match Timelines and Dynamic Table interactivity

• "New" right-click menu options include: Delete Cut Copy DuplicatePaste Paste Style and Arrange

As there is no longer a Group ID included in the exported CSV we have added a 'Visualization' column to the CSV file so objects in smart containers will show their associated container ID in the Visualization field.

Hope this helps!