Skip to main content

How do I rotate the door opening to have the door show opening the correct way. The small grey rotate arrows do not appear and all the example shapes for doors open the same direction when placed on the plan which is opposite to many doors I have. 

Hi Carole thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community I am happy to help! When you drag a door shape onto a wall shape you can move your mouse between the sides of the wall to change the side the door is opening to. 

Hi Carole I wanted to follow up on this post! After adding the doors to your floor plan with the two different hinge options as Eric has shown in his response you can change the way the door opens by selecting the door then clicking and dragging the small purple square that appears in the center. Between the two possible hinge options and two possible door opening options you can achieve all four door arrangements. Please give this a try and post additional questions below!

Thank you Micah & Eric for your responses and information. I think my wording on the question was wrong.  I am able to drag the door to open in or out of the space. I am just unable to work out how I get the door to show as being on the correct side once I have it opening in the right direction 

Hello Carole

Thanks for clarifying! If what you are trying to do is change where the handle is on the door (so it instead opens from the left if you're inside the room and from the right if you're outside the room) then that unfortunately is not possible. However I think it is a great idea. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration and I'm sure they'd love to hear this idea. Thank you! Please let me know if this still does not answer your question.